Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tuna Ceviche

A few days ago we were having grilled tuna steaks. I rescued a few pieces before they hit the flames to make ceviche.

Take some tuna. I probably had roughly one normal-sized steak, about an inch thick.

Cube the tuna, about 1/2" per side.

Chop up a few green onions. I used both the white and green parts. I stopped a few inches shy of the top, because these ones were only OK, and I didn't want any woody bits.

Finely chop half an onion. I would have preferred a red one, because they're prettier, but this yellow one worked well enough, and was probably a bit milder.

Peel and finely chop some ginger. This is about two knuckles' worth, or about 4 teaspoons when chopped.

Juice some limes. I used two whole limes, and later added a whole lemon because I wanted the flavor to be a bit brighter. Also, add a teaspoon or so of soy sauce to taste.

Mix it all up in a non-reactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Walk away for 2-3 hours. Return and top off with some chopped cilantro. Time for some noms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors